On water, next to land*
Hostel Arkabarka offers 1 month artist residency on its splav, a floating property that is distinct to the city of Belgrade. Selected applicants will stay with us for 1 month during February 2020.
Life on an anchored boat is not quite like being grounded on land, nor like sailing through a body of water. It provides a rare temporal space that is sound yet unpredictable. It is stable yet never truly static, as the rhythm of the space is determined by that of Danube.
We would like to use this specificity of our space to encourage critical thinking on the concept of space- in-transition, and to support creative approach on searching possibilities of in-between spaces.
– Letter of application
– PDF portfolio, website or an equivalent that portrays one’s practice with minimum 5 different works
– Applicants have to be 21 years old and above at the time of application
What we provide
– Breakfast during the period of stay
– Accommodation (2 in 1 room with private toilet/ shower inside the room)
– Housekeeping service
– Free use of public spaces including Sauna, common area and laundry
– Shared Studio space facing Danube (40sqm)
– Organisation of public artist talk
Deadline: 21 December 2019
Notification: 31 December 2019
Residency period: February 2020
* Artists are expected to leave 1 artwork as an exchange to the program*
Please send the application requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link for the open call: http://arkabarka.net/artist-residency/