We have a cooperation for the social grants with the Austrian Students Union (ÖH), which offers all students that encounter unforeseen financial emergencies, the opportunity to receive a subsidy in form of a one-off payment once every 12 months. Students with child(ren) will receive preferential treatment.
Emergencies could be caused by: the sudden increase of rent, expenses incurred for your studies, the need to provide for children, a one-off payment for a medical procedure or other, similar emergencies that where caused by some accident. You can find the conditions for the application in the current guidlines ☞ here (pdf)
Support up to 1.500 €. Please note that the processing of the applications can take up to 3 months. The student can only be suitable for application if
- does not receives the federal student grand (Studienbeihilfe),
- can prove an appropriate academic success in his /her studies (16 ECTS or 8 semester hours in last two semesters)(1st semester student are exempt),
- does not exceeded the double of minimum duration of study.
Furthermore, in order to be eligible to funding, the applicant must submit among others:
- copy of a personal identification with photo,
- confirmation of income of applicant, i.a. of spouse or registered partner,
- proof of support from other organisations or persons,
- evidence of the receipt of maintenance payments,
- if a bank account exists, consecutive bank statements for the last three months from the applicant, i.a. from the spouse or registered partner,
- evidence of expenses incurred for housing, basic fees for telephone and radio, household insurance, health insurance and for necessary travel to and from the place of study, commute, etc.
- registration form (Meldezettel) including of all family members living in the household,
- confirmation of continuation as well as a student record sheet for the current semester (Studienbestätigung, Studienblatt) and a confirmation of academic success,
- if necessary, proof of disabilities (disability certificate, medical certificate).
To apply fill out the application form Downloads and attach a copy of all the required documents. Please complete this form carefully as incorrect or incomplete requests must be rejected.
You can turn the form in per e- mail or mail. If you apply per e-mail, please send you document as one PDF. You can find mail and email address on the social funds form.
For further information and assistance please visit the website https://www.oeh.ac.at/en/